At this point, everyone knows it: mindfulness helps with a lot of stuff. The issue is, like flossing or running or not looking at your phone before bed, it can be hard to make a habit, even when we really want to.
There’s this image of mindfulness in popular culture that it requires a special meditation room, absolute silence, waking up at 5am, and that it’s exclusively for bendy people with matcha lattes who are seemingly already calm.
But that’s not helpful, inclusive, or realistic. Mindfulness is for every life, especially the messy ones. In fact, it helps us enjoy that mess more. Spilled milk can be clouds on the floor. A wrong turn can be a moment for curiosity. And what might initially be a painful interaction can be soothed by your own more easy going demeanor.
That’s why we made the Becoming Mindful Journey: so you can learn the basics of mindfulness and empower yourself. You don’t need fancy pillows or rigid apps. You don’t even need ten minutes of silence. All you need is, well, you.
The Becoming Mindful Journey does a few things:
- Spells out what mindfulness is and isn’t, and how meditation can help us be more mindful.
- Demonstrates how mindfulness can help you have a better relationship with your body, and how to use your body to help calm you down.
- Introduces ways to bring mindfulness into your everyday life without having to sit in a quiet room undisturbed for half an hour.
- Teaches techniques for managing your most stressful thoughts so you can relax.
- Illustrates how to befriend and move through life’s biggest (and toughest) emotions.
- And finally, the Journey helps you to love yourself more. All through being mindful.
The best part about the Journey? You can take it at your own pace. Space it out over a couple months, or dive in and dig deep. We’ll teach you a few different meditations, including ones that don’t focus on the breath so much and instead, teach you to use other anchors to bring that heart rate down.
By the end of the journey, you’ll likely notice yourself feeling:
- Empowered to manage your own mindfulness habit
- Equipped with the right tools to start a practice
- Able to manage stress and anxiety a little better
- More aware of the little bits of magic in the world around you
Our hope is that the Becoming Mindful Journey will make tuning in as easy as tuning out. And we can’t wait for you to give it a try in the Sanvello app.
By Kelton Wright Vice President Content, Strategy and Production at Sanvello
Kelton is an author, editor, and athlete passionate about helping people live happier lives. She’s taught mindfulness to NFL coaches, led hundreds of women through cycling clinics, written an Amazon best seller on dating, and worked with brands like Runner’s World, Rapha, Headspace, Teen Vogue, Bicycling Magazine, Thrive Market, Skratch Labs, Peloton Magazine, and more all with the mission of empowering others. She is currently the VP of Content, Strategy, and Production at Sanvello. Follow her on Instagram: @keltonwrites